Sunday, October 23, 2011

Odds and Ends in Dakar's Plateau

Photobucket
A barbershop in the Plateau neighborhood of Dakar, Senegal

Photobucket
Three boys walk near the train station in Dakar, about to link arms.


Photobucket
Construction near the Malian market in Dakar. The market used to be outside in this area
but was moved inside for this construction to build a road to the Chinese-built National Theater.

Photobucket
I always thought the train that never moved from Soumbédioune and was about 20 years past its prime was random, but
when I realized there are TWO mini-tourist trains in Dakar, one that actually takes people out on tours, it totally made my day.

Photobucket
Here's another Dakar oddity: A traffic light at Carnot and Place de l'Independence. 
 Never saw it used once in two years. In fact, it took me a year to notice it was there...
Lights have gone up downtown but I've never once seen a working traffic light.





1 comment:

  1. "I've never once seen a working traffic light." Do people nevertheless receive tickets for failure to obey the lights? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover