Saturday, August 11, 2012

Reading and minding my own business....

Photobucket
During a visit to Ruckomechi Safari Camp in Mana Pools National Park, Zimbabwe, I was minding my own business,
soaking up the warmth of the sun at my tent and enjoying some reading.

Photobucket
When who should visit me?  This beautiful elephant. 
At first, he stayed away, eating near the beautiful Zambezi River.

Photobucket
Then he came closer and sauntered past.
I never thought I'd say an elephant's tush is my favorite photo in a post..but this is.

Photobucket
And he stopped to eat some more and I realized quickly he was so much more interesting than my book.

Photobucket
And then perfectly across the river, a hippo yawned.
I felt incredibly blessed to find such solitude and such beauty around me.

Photobucket
That's my tent on the left, as seen from the Zambezi, where I was minding my own business.

Photobucket
A vulture!  This really has nothing to do with the post, I just thought it was a cool photo from my walking safari....



1 comment:

  1. Wish I was there right now. Looks so lovely - I want to mind my business :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover