Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Téada: An Ode to Ireland

 photo 21Teada-tiaphotoblog_zpse54045f3.jpg
Ireland came to the Harare International Festival of the Arts (HIFA) in Zimbabwe this year!!!

 photo 22Teada-tiaphotoblog_zps9704b9d9.jpg
Traditional Irish music group Téada rocked out!
(I mean, come on! They made flute playing look awesome...
I say that and I once won an award for playing the flute.*)

Check out how wonderful they sound:
(They brought two pairs of traditional dancers!)



 photo 23Teada-tiaphotoblog_zps8b0c4286.jpg
Two of the dancers.

 photo 24Teada-tiaphotoblog_zpsfd3b19a2.jpg
Apparently he just won accordion player of the year in Ireland!

 photo 25Teada-tiaphotoblog_zps2c830e11.jpg
This made me laugh. Oh, how I love the Irish.

 photo 26Teada-tiaphotoblog_zps717deed6.jpg
A traditional broom dance was performed.

What is that you ask? Here's some of it, the footwork at the end is impressive:



 photo 27Teada-tiaphotoblog_zps40c57672.jpg
Oh, Ireland, you make dancing with a broom look awesome.
Well done, Téada, well done.

 photo 28Teada-tiaphotoblog_zpsfea74ae9.jpg
I confess, the concert was amazing.
 It reminded me that it has been far too long since I've visited Ireland.

One more video:




 photo 29Teada-tiaphotoblog_zps507cbe3a.jpg
Another excellent show at HIFA!!

For more information on Téada!


*okay, I admit: the award was a band award in middle school, but that counts for something doesn't it?
 Like I should know a mean flute player when I see him, right? Right?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover