Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hope is a thing with feathers

 photo 31ChobeLilac-tiaphotoblog_zpsc4d201be.jpg
This lilac breasted roller may possibly be one of my favorite photos taken in southern Africa.
I'm a little shocked about it. I don't really like photographing birds, even bird watching bores me.
But there's something about this photo that I just love.

 photo 32ChobeSable-tiaphotoblog_zpsa330f064.jpg
Also while in Chobe National Park in lovely Botswana on safari, we came across this stunning sable.

 photo 33ChobeBird-tiaphotoblog_zps1a31ff3b.jpg
Hello, bird!

 photo 34ChobeBird-tiaphotoblog_zps33b07a53.jpg
This stork was hanging out on the banks of the Chobe River.

 photo 35ChobeBird-tiaphotoblog_zps4a846f27.jpg


 photo 36ChobeBirdInFlight-tiaphotoblog_zps095c4be5.jpg
A bird in flight. . . maybe if I paid more attention, I'd remember birds' names. Maybe.

 photo 37ChobeBird-tiaphotoblog_zps3ec7176e.jpg
He made me think of a soldier standing at attention!


 Inspiration for the post's title:

Hope is a Thing with Feathers
Emily Dickinson

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover